Online experiment stuck in "initialising experiment"

URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/run/IngeborgSophie/translationnor
URL to GitLab: Ingeborg Sophie Ribu / TranslationNor · GitLab

Description of the problem:
Dear all,
Thank you for all your hard work here in the forum!

I have read through all the ‘stuck in initialising experiment’ posts, but I still can’t find a solution to my problem. I have also read through the code sheet, and both the .py and .js scripts without being able to detect any of the common errors mentioned in the code sheet.

My experiment is a simple translation task, where participants are asked to type a Norwegian word as response to an English cue word. I wonder if the problem might be caused by the text response option is still in beta? But it might also be something else.

I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

Best,
Ingeborg

It’s probably a syntax error in the JavaScript. I made a couple of debugging tutorials that are collected in in this project, see the one about syntax errors to find out more about what’s causing your problem. Thomas Pronk / assignment_stroop · GitLab

You have an empty text box (called textresp). Unfortunately, due to a bug in PsychoPy, text boxes can’t be empty any more. I’d suggest that you add a space to it.

This fix is noted in my crib sheet.

1 Like

Thanks, I was afraid that this could be an issue since I want the participants to write their answers in a text box. I’ll try it out and let you know if it worked :slight_smile: