Good afternoon everyone,
The setup is a monitor at 240Hz connected to a laptop. I’m trying to run an experiment at 240fps but before I’m running timeByFrame.py timing demo to measure monitor frame rate. My issue is that I can only get a time by frame mean of approximately 4ms (corresponding to 240Hz) with very little window size, some example:
800800pixels --> 5.9ms
400400 --> 4.6ms
200200 --> 4.3ms
100100 --> 4.3ms
19201080 (fullscreen size without fullscr=False) --> 12.6ms
19201080 (fullscreen size with fullscr=True) --> 12.6ms
Do you know what should I do in order to get a full screen running at 240Hz?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- my screen laptop is disable
- Without any success I’ve tried in visual.window():
- wintype = “pygam” and “pyglet”
- fullscr=False and True
- allowGUI = False and True
- waitBlanking = False and True
- When I set my monitor at 144Hz I can observe approximately the same effect.
- Monitor FPS counter give me the FPS I’ve set in Advanced display settings (the good one).
Monitor: ASUS VG279QM
Laptop: Dell latitude 5400
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-8665U
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Education
Graphics: AMD Radeon 540X
Connection between the laptop and the monitor: adaptor USB C to DisplayPort 4K@60Hz
PsychoPY version: v3.1.0