How to present 2 stimuli at once?

PsychoPy version(2022.1.2)

Hello guys, I am new to PsychoPy, so this might be easy to answer.

I’ve created a simple reaction experiment, where there is either a “white light” or a “grey light”. No matter what light appears, the subject has to press “space”.

I’ve set the loopType to fullRandom, so either white light or grey light appears.

Now I would like to have both lights also appearing at the same time.
So that I have:

• white light presented alone
  • grey light presented alone
  • white and grey light presented together

And all that random.

What exactly do I need to do to achieve that? Do I need to add something in the builder or add something in the conditions file?

Any help is highly appreciated.

You can add more component in the builder (the same you are using to display the lights now) and more rows and columns in the condition file to:

1. Add the trials when the white and grey light presented together
  2. Add some column to make the lights appear and disapper as necessary. You can make the really small, or you can make their position outside of the screen.
1 Like

Thanks for your advice. Could you maybe share how the condition file would look like then?
This is what the file looks like at the moment.
Screenshot 2022-06-01 12571246

And this is how the trial looks like:

Target is the following:

And I’ve set $Luminance in for the colors to change in every repetition.

I just struggle to set up the conditions file for the 2 lights at once now.

I just figured it out how to write the csv-file correctly. Now it works fine.

1 Like

Hi rapha,

da ich vermute, dass wir im gleichen Kurs sind, spreche ich dich einfach mal auf deutsch an. Ich vermute, du bist auch an der MLU und im Kurs für empirisch-wissenschaftliches Arbeiten. Ich verfolge deinen Beitrag hier schon seit zwei Tagen und bin am verzweifeln - habe alles soweit fertig, bis auf die Einstellung, dass eben auch mal beide Reize gleichzeitig präsentiert werden. Könntest du mir nen Tipp geben oder sogar zeigen, wie deine Datei jetzt aussieht?

Beste Grüße

Hey,

ich bin auch in dem Kurs und hänge auch gerade bei der gleichen Stelle. Hat schon einer von euch herausgefunden, wie es funktioniert?

Liebe Grüße

Hallo, ich habe ein ähnliches Problem. Habt ihr in eurem Kurs rausgefunden, wie man das ganze löst? Wäre super dankbar für eine Antwort!

Hello. I have a similar problem. Did you find out how to solve the whole thing in your course? I would be super grateful for an answer