How to make an image stimuli disappear while some texts and a slider shows by clicking mouse?

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): win 11
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2022.2.5
What are you trying to achieve?:

I want to let the participants give a rating after watching an image stimuli, but I can not estimate how much time they need to watch an image stimuli, thus, I wish they can determine when to rate by clicking mouse, I am trying to make an image stimuli disappear while some texts and a slider shows by clicking mouse. The most important thing is that they can not enter the rating state too early or too late, so there still need a minimum and maximum watching time.

As a psychopy beginner, I don’t know how to make it, is there anyone can help me?
Thanks very much!

Hello cindysu

you could leave the Stop-parameter of your image component empty (and enter just a number for the estimated duration. This duration is used for display purposes only).

grafik

Do the same for you mouse-component and let a mouse click end the routine. In following routine display the slider and your text.

grafik

Best wishes Jens

Hi Jens,

I had resolved the problem by using a keyboard component to end the image trial and enter the slider trial. Although I was trying to do it on one trial, separate the image and slider on different trial seems to be easier.

Thanks for your time and reply.

Best wishes,
Cindy