How to display a fixation cross between images that will be shown randomly

Hi all,
I am new one in PsychoPy and have a problem. If you help me, I would be glad.
Best,
Ömer

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 1.85.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?: I would like to display 40 pictures randomly in my experiment. Each picture will be displayed 6 seconds and after each picture a fixation cross will be always displayed 3 seconds.
**What did you try to make it work?:**I inserted a loop to show images but couldn’t add the fixation cross between images. I added images one by one and added a fixation cross between each 2 images but at this time I couldn’t achive to show images randomly.

Hi Ömer,

You need to learn one of the fundamental principles of PsychoPy, which is how to use conditions files. Start with Jon Peirce’s YouTube video on the Stroop task. It doesn’t talk about images but does show how to use conditions files to control your trials.

i.e. in PsychoPy, for a task like this, you would not define 40 images and crosses, but just one of each. The loop surrounding the routine containing that single cross and image is linked to a conditions file which contains the names of your 40 image files. On each repetition of the loop, a new image file name is selected, and your image stimulus is updated accordingly.

The loop will also handle the randomisation for you.

Hi Michael!
Many thanks for your help and suggestion.
Best,
Ömer