How to change the default csv file name after experiment completion

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem: Hello, I’m trying to run a experiment within Pavlovia, using code produced by the Psychopy3 builder. The thing is that anytime I change the default csv file name after experiment completion, which regularly would be → filename = thisDir + os.sep + u’data/%s%s_%s’ % (expInfo[‘participant’], expName, expInfo[‘date’]) … to another one similar, in which the only thing that changes is participant in the filename, so that it is “ID”…

So the output I’m trying to get, the filename, would be filename = thisDir + os.sep + u’data/%s%s_%s’ % (expInfo[‘ID’], expName, expInfo[‘date’]), but it’s not.

As soon as I end my exp pilot in Pavlovia the output is always something that says PARTICIPANT, as if somewhere in the code it should be necessary that the information putted in the filenmane is consistent with a “participant” space at the beggining.

Thank you in advance for your help!

I don’t think you can currently change it online. I’d recommend you stick with using participant.

The alternative would be to directly edit the js files . However, you’d then need to re edit it after every new sync

Thank you! That was my first thought, but after that I took a look to the psychojs file, and it turned out to be that it is coded to -necessarily- be participant.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

greetings,
Sebastián.

Could you add code to make participant equal iD before it gets used?

I’m not an expert on the inner workings of the JS file so this is just a potential idea