Getting participant info separately from experiment data

Hello!

I want to run an experiment made with PsychoPy on Pavlovia. My issue is that I want to give participants the option to leave their email address at the end of the study so they can get credit. This answer should be saved in another file, separatele from the rest of the data from the experiment, so they can’t be related to each other. Is this possible to do with PsychoPy and Pavlovia? Do I need to use another platform/recruitment system to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Hello JKT,

as far I know Pavlovia can’t do that. Everything is saved in the data-file.I use different approach. I present an e-mail address which the participant has to contact to get credit. I also ask the participant to send me a code which the experiment generates. However, then you can relate experiment data and participant. I do not see a problem in this if you are asking standard demographic data and do not collect sensitive data.

Best wishes Jens

Hello Jens, thanks for your answer! That seems like a good idea, I’ll consider doing something like that.

I could add this feature to my new study portal.

Currently participants have the option to anonymously withdraw their data (which send an email to the researcher containing their participant number) at the debrief page or click a link to be taken to an external site (like Sona or Prolific). However, I could easily add an option for them to send a standard email to the researcher without their participant number but with their email address (which wouldn’t need to be stored).

That sounds good! I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like such an option.

Done.