Full odball experiment including triggers for actichamp

Hi there,

I just bought an actichamp (brain vision) 64 channel EEG systen and I would like to run it with Psychopy to conduct ERP studies. I also have a triggerbox that connects my laptop with the brain data recorder software.
I would really appreciate to get a full experiment file for psychopy that runs for instance an oddball experiment including triggers sent to the brain vision recording sofrtware.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

How is the EEG system connected to your laptop? Can you try using a simple file like this to practice sending your triggers? If this works it will be very simple to integrate your triggers to an existing oddbal (for example those you find on pavlovia.org) just by adding the parallel port component.

basic_parallel_port.psyexp (7.9 KB)

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca,

thank you so much for your reply!
The EEG system is connected to the stimulus laptop via the brain products triggerbox so that a USB port of the laptop can be used instead of one of those huge parallel-port connections. When I use the brain products triggerbox test software the stimulus laptop sends perfect triggers to the actiChamp, so I assume it can only be python-related Psychopy settings that cause the problem (missing or wrong settings). I will try out the experiment that you attached and see if I can make it work.
THANKS heaps!

Best,
Peter

Hi Becca,

I finally managed to send one trigger number through the triggerbox to the amplifier. However, I still struggle to add varying trigger numbers to my experiment that presents one of three words in random order (multiple times) while each word tyoe should have its own trigger number in order to calculate separate ERPs for each word type.
I attach the psychopy experiment file that contains nothing about triggers.

If you can provide further help, it would be so awesome.

Best,
Peter

self-no triggers.psyexp (15.2 KB)

Hi Peter,

If you can please share the file where you managed to send the trigger that would be helpful in allowing us to see what you tried already.

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca,

I am so terribly happy that you help me with this.
Attached is the experiment file including trigger info. It sends a trigger once, but then the experiment stops. The task would be to press “left” for the word “ein”, “down” for the word “mein” and “right” for the word “sein”. I would need 3 different kinds of trigger sent as accurately as possible.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

self-with trigger.psyexp (18.3 KB)