Form layout mangled from PsychoPy to PsychoJS

Hey friendly community,

I’ve tried implementing an online experiment with the PsychoPy 2023.2.2 builder. It contains a form, which unfortunately is mangled as soon as I try it in the local browser:

I’ve read through the old posts on this topic (Form Component and Button work in PsychoPy but not on Pavlovia), but didn’t really get a useful answer. The example (Custom web component for online experiments: Forms, surveys, questionnaires, and other web-based content) is using html files which seem unnecessary as I’m fine with the basic form layout.

I can only attach two links in each post, so here’s the minimal experiment to reproduce the issue:
demographics.csv (739 Bytes)
psychoJS_form.psyexp (11.2 KB)

Nowadays I would recommend embedding a Pavlovia Survey instead of using a form component online.

Thanks for the advice, I would still like to use it independently.

After a lot of trial and error, it seems that this is an issue with PsychoJS that was brought up at some point. I’ve installed PsychoPy 2021.1.4 and it still is working there:

Is there an option to bring this bug to the attention of the developers?
I would like to help getting this fixed, as I really like having an independent platform for those experiments.

I wonder if this is the same issue as the recent textbox bug. Do you have any editable twxtboxes?

See if you can use the same fix.

Thanks for the link.

I was able to find a different solution in the meantime, the bug was introduced in a commit:

1 Like