Flow elements "disappear" when PsychoPy is closed

Hi all,

Been using PsychoPy (in Builder) for a few months now and never come across this issue. I have a task that I finished creating this week. But suddenly, when I open it, all the flow elements have disappeared. They haven’t been completely removed as the associated tabs are still open. I keep repeatedly having to put them back in place and even then my task won’t work anymore.

Here’s what it looks like when I open:

I can’t figure out what could have happened. I woke up this morning and it’s suddenly not working. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling PsychoPy which didn’t help.

I really would appreciate some advice as I was hoping to start testing participants with this script next week.

You don’t say what version of PsychoPy you are using, but there was a bug in an older version where renaming a static period component would cause problems with corrupting the file. It is likely that the information is still within your .psyexp file but that reference has gotten corrupted somehow.

You probably need to post your .psyexp file here: it might be able to be manually edited to restore it to health. Also please let us know what PsychoPy version you are using.

Hi,

I am experiencing a similar issue. I am using the builder in PsychoPy version 1.90 and now whenever I open the .psyexp file I can see that all routine tabs are intact, but are no longer appearing in the flow section. Any changes to the routine tabs are still saved, and can be seen when reopening, but inserting routines to the flow section and then saving, still results in seeing an empty flow section upon reopening. This remains the case after de- and re-installing PsychoPy. Updating to a new version of PsychoPy is unfortunately not an option, due to certain experimental set-up restrictions.

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for any help in advance!