Fixed reaction time for rating, but scaler will disappear after the AcceptKey

PsychoPy version : 3.1.2

What are you trying to achieve?:
I am trying to design an fMRI task with rating videos. Subjects are expected to rate the videos in 5s. If their exact reaction time is 3s, then a black screen will show in the next 2s; if there is no response in 5s, the scaler will disappear, and the last position will be recorded.

What did you try to make it work?:

I have tried to set the maxTime =5, and the scaler does disappear after 5s if no response.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
While if I give a response less than 5s, the task will directly go to the next trial. How to let the screen stay black so the total rating time will be 5s?
And I don’t know how to record the last position if the subject doesn’t give a response in 5s.

Thank you so much for your help!

Hi @Vicky, to get a blank screen after a fast rating (<=3), you can conditionally present another routine that is blank if the response is <= 3seconds. Otherwise, the blank routine is skipped. Here is an example attached, but it uses the new Slider object, which is easier to use and customise than the Rating Scale.

rating.psyexp (10.4 KB)

Thank you so much! your example helps me a lot!

rating1.psyexp (17.3 KB)
I changed the rating example based on the requirement of my experiment. Subjects are expected to rate the videos in 5s. Once the rating finished, the scaler will disappear, and a blank screen will show up. rating time + blank screen = 5s. and the last position will be recorded if the subject doesn’t give their reaction in 5 s.