Fix window size (for different screens)

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:
I have an experiment running on Pavlovia.
It encompasses a reading test. It is therefore essential that font size is the same regardless of screen size.
I tried setting the window size by de-flagging full screen and manually setting width and height pixels. Now, instead of full screen the experiment appear inside the browser window; but the size of the components’ elements does not change.
Any clue if it’s possible to set window size (preferably while keeping full screen) so that the elements displayed have a fixed size?

Thank you!
Martina

By fixed font size do you mean in terms of cm? If so, you will need to calculate a scaling factor based on information from your participants. Look for my public experiment Screen Scale which you can use. The participants resize an image of a credit card to match a real one.

Best wishes

Wakefield

1 Like

Thank you @wakecarter, I’m afraid this solution is not feasible for our study.
Our subjects are children we recruit through clinical practice.

Thank you anyway

Hi,

I wonder how did you overcome this problem.

I’m having a similar problem with you.
I’m trying to fix the components’ size across various online participants, regardless of their monitor information, but I’m not trying to use the public ‘Screen Scale’ experiment.

It would be nice if you share your solution with me.

Thank you.

What sort of solution do you expect could exist?

Have a look at blind-spot [PsychoPy] which I think could be adapted to work just with visual angles if that’s what’s important to you (rather than physical screen size).

Dear @wakecarter ,
Thank you for answering my question.

What I’m trying to do is providing the stimulus with fixed size regardless of online participants’ monitor information. But, I don’t want to make the online participants perform the screen scaling task themselves, because I can’t figure out whether they performed the task properly. The screen scaling task you provided was very intuitive and easy, but I’m still worried about some uncooperative online users who might not perform the scaling task properly.

So, I’m looking for a way to fix the components’ size automatically without asking the participants to perform additional scaling task.

Thank you.