Feedback is not displayed on Pavlovia

Description of the problem:
I included feedback for each of the practice trials and it works on the builder. However, the error ‘msg is not defined’ was shown on Pavlovia. Everything works fine on Pavlovia, just that there is an issue with the feedback. I’m not sure what’s wrong cuz the feedback works perfectly fine when I run it on the builder.

Appreciate it if someone could give me some suggestions on this! :slightly_smiling_face:

The image above shows the error that I got when I was running the experiment on Pavlovia.

This is an example of the feedback that works perfectly fine when I run the experiment on the builder.

These are the details of the feedback component.

Thank you in advance!

Your code components are set to Python only. Change them to Auto if you want the code to work online.

Hi @wakecarter

Thanks for the quick reply!

I tried changing them to Auto->JS and ran them again on Pavlovia. This time I don’t get an error message, but the feedback still doesn’t show up on the screen. Is it because of the /* Syntax Error: Fix Python code */ in the code components?

The reason for the syntax error is because JS can’t cope with formatted strings.

Try msg=“Correct! RT=”+str(round(p_recog_key_resp.rt,3))

Thank you so much for the code! It works now!