Experiment not running with video clip despite correct pathway

OS
PsychoPy v2020.1.2
YES - standalone version

What are you trying to achieve
I am trying to create my practice tasks for an experiment and need to present a video before the actual task. The cue is acting as either a cue or no cue.

The file is a .mp4 and was created using iMovie.

I have tried putting in a video stimulus and no matter what I have tried it does not run the experiment. prior to attempting this, my text, image, and sound stimuli were running perfectly but as soon as I tried putting in a video stimulus the whole experiment now does not run.

The error that it is coming up with is as follow:
2020-08-06 21:14:57.194 python[6582:11339363] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/laurenaddamo/Desktop/birds/birds_lastrun.py”, line 241, in
depth=0.0,
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/contrib/lazy_import.py”, line 120, in call
return obj(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/movie3.py”, line 135, in init
self.loadMovie(self.filename)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/visual/movie3.py”, line 202, in loadMovie
raise IOError(“Movie file ‘%s’ was not found” % filename)
OSError: Movie file ‘Orange90_Cue’ was not found

Experiment ended.

I have looked around on google and the psychopy forums and nothing I’ve come across has worked. I’ve made sure (from what I can tell) that my file name and path is correct. I even tried taking out a relative path and moved the video file out of a sub-folder.
I’m very new to using psychopy so it could very well be something super simple! Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi @Lauren_Addamo I think I am having a similar issue! Is ‘Orange90_Cue’ the variable name which links to your video file paths? I’d be keen to know if you managed to resolve this.

Most likely the video is actually called Orange90_Cue.mov or Orange90_Cue.mp4 rather than simply Orange90_Cue.

Windows and macOS both have an annoying preference to hide these parts of the file name from you but they are there and they do matter :frowning:

1 Like