Experiment in two parts

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (MAC OS Catalina:
PsychoPy version 2020.2.8

Hi,

I’m running a learning experiment to try measure retention of learning material initially and then seven days later.

Does anyone know how to program an experiment so that returning participants who created a unique user ID in part one, can just be sent straight to a second recall test trial?

Kind Regards,
Enna

Hi Enna,

Are you trying to do this online? You haven’t mentioned it but I’m wondering how you expect PsychoPy to know it’s the same participant. If it’s online then will you know their email address? Will you be using any other software. It’s easy enough to create a link in the first experiment that sends their participant number somewhere but I’m not sure if you want it to be stored and then resent a week later (in which case integrating with Qualtrics and using contacts would be one way to go).

Best wishes,

Wakefield

I’ve created a typed text response box near the end of the experiment where participants create a user ID. They are asked to keep it and use it the next time they log in, so that I can match both parts of the experiments to them.

Is there a way of just integrating a second session option, that they can just select which brings them to the final trial of the experiment? Are the USER ID numbers that participants entering the experiment not saved?