Experiment aborts without an error message; no data are saved

PsychoPy version: 2020.1.1 win64
Standard Standalone?: Y
What are you trying to achieve?:

• Sending ERP triggers while participants listen to audio files
  • Recording participants’ speech

What did you try to make it work?

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

• The experiment aborts abruptly after 10 or 15 trials (it is random, sometimes 10, sometimes 15, etc.) without any error message. No data file (.csv) is saved, however, recordings from the mic are saved. In total, there are 320 trials.
Update, if anyone is interested:
  • I got the experiment to work, but had to set the mic duration to a finite value (e.g. 4 seconds) for the experiment to not crash.
    – Initially, I had set the routine to end with a ‘keypress’ (keyboard component followed by mic component) – this aborts the experiment with no error message.

• The problem might also have arisen due to the clash between the library requirements for recording and for audio output.
    – ‘pyo’ was preferred for recording but PsychoPy displayed an alert message that ‘PTB’ was preferred in general as a better audio library.
    – Nonetheless, ‘pyo’ worked for both the purposes of recording as well as audio output.

I still cannot make it work this way: mic as an untimed response component such that the routine ends with a keypress.