Error runnig stroop task

Hello everyone!

My name is Carolina and i’m using PsychoPy for the first time in my thesis. I’m using it to build a stroop task with several trials and bloks of words of 3 emotional categories. Although i have followed the tutorial on Youtube i keep getting the same error message:

########## Running: C:\Users\anune\Desktop\Strooptask.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\anune\Desktop\Strooptask.py”, line 14, in
from psychopy import locale_setup, gui, visual, core, data, event, logging, sound
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy2\lib\site-packages\psychopy-1.84.2-py2.7.egg\psychopy\sound.py”, line 76, in
logging.warning(msg % (thisLibName, sys.exc_info()[1]))
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xed in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)

If you could help me with is would be most thankful!
Carolina

thank you Michael for your comment but perhaps it’s me but i don’t seem to make it work.
I’m not using any sound in my experience, only visual stimuli wich are the words… do you think it could be someting else?

Thanks

Hi Carolina, ah I see. But even though you experiment isn’t actually using any sounds, notice this in line 14:

from psychopy import locale_setup, gui, visual, core, data, event, logging, sound

i.e. when the experiment begins, PsychoPy is importing a bunch of the standard libraries, even though you might not use them all. What you should do is push the “compile script” button in the toolbar in Builder. This will open the file Strooptask.py. Delete the , sound bit at the end of that line and run that file from within the Coder view by pushing the green Run button in that window. Try it and see if that fixes your issue, and come back to us for something more permanent.

thank you! you were right it were some libraries that were missing and i’ve been able to run the experience!
I also have another question, in my experience i have 4 trials and i’ve made the 4 routines and instructions but after the second one it keeps repeeting the words and doesn’t switch to the other trials. i’ve followed the instructions in the tutorial. Do you have any ideia what could it be?
you can see bellow how i’ve set it up.