Error message when setting up monitor settings

hi I am trying to set up psychopy on my new MacBook Air using a simple SRT experiment when I go to run my experiment I get this error anyone has any advice on how to fix this error it would be appreciated thank you

Generating PsychoPy script…

Running: /Users/halliejenkins/Desktop/monitor settings_lastrun.py

1631.2656 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2021_05_05 03:11’]
PsychHID-ERROR: Could not enumerate and attach to all HID devices (HIDBuildDeviceList(0,0) failed)!
PsychHID-ERROR: One reason could be that some HID devices are already exclusively claimed by some 3rd party device drivers
PsychHID-ERROR: or applications. I will now retry to only claim control of a hopefully safe subset of devices like standard
PsychHID-ERROR: keyboards, mice, gamepads and supported USB-DAQ devices and other vendor defined devices and hope this goes better…
PsychHID-INFO: That worked. A subset of regular mouse, keyboard etc. input devices and maybe some vendor defined devices will be available at least.
INTERNAL PSYCHTOOLBOX ERROR
error: PsychError_system
general description: Error reported by a system call
specific description: Failed to create event queue for detecting key press.
module name: PsychHID
subfunction call: KbQueueCreate
file name: ./PsychSourceGL/Source/OSX/PsychHID/PsychHIDStandardInterfaces.c
function name: PsychHIDOSKbQueueCreate
line number: 956
PsychHID:KbQueueCreate: See error message printed above.
2021-05-05 03:20:42.701 python[8780:842932] ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to /var/folders/z4/l9th826j3_58_yydr61px19c0000gn/T/org.opensciencetools.psychopy.savedState
HIDBuildMultiDeviceList: Couldn’t open IOHIDManager.Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/halliejenkins/Desktop/monitor settings_lastrun.py”, line 184, in
if endExpNow or defaultKeyboard.getKeys(keyList=[“escape”]):
File “/Volumes/PsychoPy-2021.1.2/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/hardware/keyboard.py”, line 223, in getKeys
name = event.getKeys(keyList, modifiers=False, timeStamped=False)
NameError: name ‘event’ is not defined

Experiment ended.

Hi There,

This looks like an issue with the event module not being defined. I have something seen this in worshops for mac users that need to give psychopy permissions in the system preferences - please could you check in your system prefs if there are any notifications on giving psychopy access?

Thanks,
Becca

thank you so much!

my laptop was set so that psychopy couldn’t monitor input from my keyboard.

can’t thank you enough,
Hallie.

I started experiencing the same problem today, and there was no mention in my System Preferences (Security & Privacy) of Psychopy having asked for permission to access anything.

However restarting my Mac made the problem go away. Perhaps some other app had requested access to the keyboard, but then hadn’t;t relinquished it when it quit?