psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Error for problem with corrupt/missing .js file?

I have a counterbalanced experiment where participant must simply respond using a or l key if they are in group a, l or a if in group b to have responses mapped.
This runs perfectly on my PC but upon upload, once I select the group (a or b) I get the error below. I’m not very experienced with psychopy builder yet and I’m doing my best but this one I can’t unravel as it suggests something is wrong with the pixi-4.8.1.min.js file or it cannot find it. I know an update to 4.8.5 has been released, could that be the problem?

I’m using Psychopy3 Psychopy Builder, on Windows 7 (64bit), exporting html and uploading to Pavlovia.

[Exception… “Failure” nsresult: “0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)” location: "JS frame :: https://pavlovia.org/run/penning/smilesvalidityandreliability/html/lib/vendors/pixi-4.8.1.min.js :: [108]

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experimenter.

In short I think this is the sort of thing where we’re failing to convert python to JavaScript fully. Interesting challenge for us to make it work more smoothly :slight_smile:

I can see your experiment and I’ll try and get it working!

Brilliant, I was all pleased with myself for repairing one error, only to get another I realised I had no clue what to do.

Thanks

I’ve made some progress.
https://pavlovia.org/run/jon/smilesvalidityandreliability/html/

The instructions screen still isn’t working right, which I don’t understand, but that is our problem not yours. When I’ve got it working I’ll push the changes back to your version (then you can sync and be up and running again! :slight_smile:

OK, I’ve submitted a “pull request” to your experiment from my fixed version. Hopefully you got an email and it’s reasonably obvious from that how to “pull in” my changes :slight_smile:

If you get stuck let me know. You’re finding things that we do need to improve at our end so keep it coming!

thanks
Jon

Things I’ve changed:

• moved stims into a folder to make life easier (I’d recommend that usually)

Then these all need some fixing at our end basically:

• I had to manually copy this folder into html/resources because PsychoPy hadn’t found the stimuli automatically
  • you set your stimuli to inherit the units (pix) from the window but it turns out psychoJS can’t do that yet so I had to go through and manually set them all to be pix

Thank you. I’m learning so much! I’ve pulled the changes and it runs and collects data and I’m incredibly delighted by this. I’ll take on board your changes, I actually wasn’t sure how to have a stim folder with the way the conditions files were set up but I will explore. Not sure re the units/pix aspect, but I will hopefully get to grips with that once I have looked at the updated version properly (without having consumed Friday night wine).
Thank you again, all very helpful.
glen