Error code regarding stimuli size

Hi!

I have been trying to add picture stimuli to my experiment on psychopy and have the following error-

Warning: Expected min height of view: (<NSPopoverTouchBarItemButton: 0x7f9369105890>) to be less than or equal to 30 but got a height of 32.000000. This error will be logged once per view in violation.

Can anyone suggest how I could deal with this? Would compressing the image help? or do I have to peripherally alter the size of the image to be displayed?

Thanks!

1 Like

Does this thread help?

1 Like

Thanks, that helped!

Hello, I have encountered the same problem. Have you solved this problem? I have been troubled for a long time, but I don’t know how to solve it.

Warning: Expected min height of view: (<NSPopoverTouchBarItemButton: 0x7fac03672990>) to be less than or equal to 30 but got a height of 32.000000. This error will be logged once per view in violation.

1 Like

Hello, were you able to resolve your issue? I am having the same problem

Dealing with this issue right now. Originally linked threads have not been of use. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it :slight_smile:

1 Like

What version of PsychoPy are you using? Please give more details about your experiment and what components you are using.

1 Like

The error here is just a warning - I’m guessing you have a mac book with a touch bar? It’s essentially just warning you that when it tried to put the toolbar buttons from PsychoPy onto the touch bar, they’re slightly too large.

The actual reason for the crash appears to have been swallowed up and so is not displaying - between 2022.1.0 and 2022.1.2 there was a problem with some errors not showing, which we fixed in 2022.1.3. If you install 2022.1.3 and try again, do you then get a more informative error?

2 Likes