ERROR access violation reading 0x00000010

Hello everyone,

I have created an experiment with Builder in PsychoPy version 3.0.0. Now I am using Standalone PsychoPy3-3.0.6-win32 (using Windows 10). Later, I needed to make changes in the code to add a pause key through the help of a friend. I do not really know coding. I have installed Python 3.7 (32 bit).

To sum: Participants listen some sounds and see a triangle shape in either right or left side of the screen. They should press some buttons indicating the congruency-incongruency of the sound and the shape. They stop the experiment if they remember a picture from previous sections.

Apparently, there is not any problem with the code itself. PsychoPy runs the experiment. However, after a certain specific sound, the experiment stops and gives this error:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\pyglet\graphics\vertexdomain.py", line 316, in draw
    glDrawArrays(mode, starts[0], sizes[0])
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000010

I have tried to update graphics driver as I learned from other topics, however it was the latest version (Intel HD Graphics 620). I do not know what I can do further :frowning: I cannot start collecting data although other routines are perfectly running…

Thank you in advance…

Hi @irmrgn,

Did you ever figure out what was going on here? I’m coming across the same problem.

best,
Anthony