EEG trigger issue sending random numbers

OS (Win7)
PsychoPy version 2022.1.4
I have to run this version because of the old software in the lab.

What are you trying to achieve?:
Hello, I am currently working on an experimental design in builder that also includes bits of custom code added. I had added triggers that communicated with EEG software Biosemi successfully which included different trigger numbers being sent to biosemi for different keyboard presses and so on.
However, now I need a trigger on the same routine of the keyboard responses to help me identify that this routine had started but it’s not working.
For some reason, Psychopy is now sending random numbers to Biosemi which I have not specified.

What did you try to make it work?What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I tried to remove the numbers I had chosen and replaced them with numbers psychopy generated thinking it preferred those numbers? but to no avail.
I also tried different placements of the triggers to see if that would change anything - it did not.
I also tried different definitions for the trigger (duration vs. condition) and still that did not work.
Even when I deleted the triggers that seemed to be causing the issue, Psychopy is still sending some random numbers.

There are no messages of error, the experiment is running smoothly, it’s just an odd issue with psychopy generating random numbers to communicate with Biosemi

Is it possible to have more than 1 IO trigger added in the same routine?
How might one achieve this differently than what I have attempted?

Thank you for the help.

Hi! I am no expert, but that hapenned to me twice, when I used the serial_out component instead of custom code and when I didn’t convert the trigger numbers to characters using str.encode(). Are you doing either of those? If you are using code, can you perhaps share it? What kinds of random numbers are sent, do they perhaps look like bytes?

I have used the parallel - out component and then some bits of custom code. It was working fine until I had added another trigger in some routines (making 2 trigger components within the same routine) and then triggers stopped being sent properly.
My main issue is that it seems like the triggers are no longer being sent when a participant actually presses the keyboard keys during the response, the triggers are sent automatically or it immediately sends the code dedicated for “no response” before I even get a chance to respond.

This was the new trigger, I did this different ways and it just seemed to be the start of things getting messed up. Even if I delete it, the experiment is not communicating with Biosemi correctly anymore.

Oh. Sorry then, I can’t help you with that, I am afraid. I wasn’t expecting a parallel port because the Biosemi USB trigger interface is detected on our computers as a serial port. So I have no experience here.