Editable Textbox not responding

check the code component and check I haven’t added .upper() to the code line where backspace is pressed (sounds like I have, removing it should do the trick :slight_smile: )

It worked, thank you so much!

woo! happy to help :slight_smile:

Hello,
Thanks so much for the useful feedback you’ve provided above. I am experiencing the same problem now with versions 2021.2.3 and was wondering if you had any suggestions for how to solve it. I have tried everything that I’ve been able to find on these forums to no avail.

The editable text box works across different routines, but after the first iteration of ‘trial’ (a routine that is meant to be looped across multiple times with a editable textbox each time), it stops being editable. The only solution I’ve found is to not loop across this and create a new routine every time.This is the experiment if anyone has any insight into what the problem may be: madlibs_testing [PsychoPy]

Many thanks in advance!!

This will probably help you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! Unfortunately, I’m getting a 404 error on the link you provided. Is there another link that I could use?
I saw the suggestion to add .refresh(), but I am getting an error that ‘textbox2 does not have a refresh option.’

Thanks again!

Sorry. I deleted the experiment. Go to the GitHub discussed in the thread.

Can you post a picture of your routine here? It’s possible you named it something else?

No problem!
The ‘textbox’ is called ResponseBox_a so I am adding .refresh() to the end of that. Reading the change log here: Changelog — PsychoPy v2021.3, it seems like TextBox2 may be an internal name for this type of editable text box? (I could be misunderstanding though).

Thanks in advance for your help!

In code chunk, at the beginning of this routine, add: ResponseBox_a.refresh().

Yes that is what I was noting that I did above and got the error re: TextBox2:

AttributeError: ‘TextBox2’ object has no attribute ‘refresh’
My code is identical to yours in the Begin Routine section of my code chunk

Just an update on this in case it helps someone in the future: it does not work locally in the psychopy app (and yields the error above), but it does work when uploading to pavlovia.

Thanks for your help!

.refresh() is a JS only method - set your code component to JS if this is an issue occuring online only