Display experiment created in builder in VR

Hello,

I created a simple experiment using the builder, however I want the visual stimuli in my experiment (a 2D visual grating) to be displayed in VR (Oculus Rift CV1 or Quest with link) instead of on a monitor. I am aware of the PsychXR package, but from the documentation it appears to require the experiment to be programmed with the code for the HMD integration.

I was wondering if there was an easier way to just display the experiment that I have already created using the builder in the headset instead. If anyone has any experience or know of any guide on how to do this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Hello wchung,

Unfortunately, VR is not supported by the Builder interface, only code can be used to build VR experiments. We’re currently looking into adding support for stereo displays in Builder, but that wont be available for some time.

Aha, a post about VR and Psychopy, a chance to ask my question! - @mdc is psychopy.visual.Rift still under active use/development? I wanted to check before I invest much time in it.

That is unfortunate, thank you for your response.

I’m actually working on it right now to use a new version of PsychXR. VR support is still in early development but it is seeing use in a couple of labs.

Also planning on releasing new materials on building VR experiments later this year or early 2022 as well as expanding support to other, non-Oculus headsets.

1 Like

That’s going to change eventually. We need to figure out how to get Builder to work with stereoscopic/multi-view stimuli before we add VR support to it.

1 Like