Different stimuli appear simultaneously in OpenIAT

Description of the problem: Hello everyone, I have a problem with the presentation of stimuli in OpenIAT task . I find that text and image sometimes show up on the screen simultaneously in the congruent/incongruent test block, but that’s not what IAT wants. we need to display text or image randomly and respectively.

I guess there are some problems with the .xlsx file. The .xlsx file is as follows. My expectation is that when the image is stimuli/blank.png (a blank image), only text will be displayed on the screen; when the image is stimuli/black*/white*.jpg (a black/white image), no text will be displayed on the screen. How can I achieve this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Try putting an x or a . in the Stimword column where it’s currently blank. I find blank cells difficult to deal with and instead use code to check for an x.

Hi, wakecarter. Thank you so much for your reply. I guess this is a method to check for the text, but I’m not very familiar with programming, and I need to upload the experiment online (I think this may only allow me to use the builder to write programs). Do you have any other solutions, or could you please explain it more specifically? I really appreciate your help :smiley:

thanks for the awesome information.

thanks my issue has been fixed.