Changing Background in Surveys

I am currently having problems trying to change the background in my surveys from the preset grey to a dark blue but when the experiment ran my screen turned a pixelated red and wouldn’t show any of my questions or answers.
I went into the experiment settings and changed the values in the rgb settings (50, 76, 168) to my desired values. When it didn’t work I tried a variety of different values but was consistently met with this red screen.

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x):
Standard Standalone? (yes)

Hi Lauren, That is a much older version of PsychoPy than I have ever used, but in the current version of PsychoPy you adjust the color differently. I’ve attached a screenshot of that format here, seems like it might be worth a shot. Note, this color setting I am showing gives an all white background.

Thank you! I found that just sticking in whole numbers wasn’t working so I ended up doing $[.168,.150,.980] which ended up giving me a purplish color.

Ah, of course. I should have caught that in your first posting. PsychoPy expresses colors with values between -1 and 1, so the issue you were probably running into revolved around using numbers outside that range. https://www.psychopy.org/general/colours.html provides some good info on that in the RGB color space section.