Can not run experiment on Pavlovia

Hi all,

I posted about an earlier problem, but I’ve been able to get all of my resources to load before launching the online experiment. However, now I get this new error message, and I’m not sure how to resolve it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nick

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 8.59.40 PM

Does your experiment have /html in the URL?

Leave the Outpath in Experiment Settings / Online blank or you may run into resource errors with PsychoPy 2021.2 onwards. If you have already exported the HTML files to an html folder you may need to copy your psyexp and resources to a new local folder and use that to create a new project online.

The output path in experiment settings/online was blank for this experiment. I also got this error message after copying my psyexp and resources to a new local folder and then using that to create a new project online, so I’m not sure what the issue is

Here’s my study URL: OiTNB_Task_PsychoPy [PsychoPy]

I fiddled with it a little bit, and now I get the following error message. So it looks like the condition files are being read, but for some reason the issue is with reading in the image files themselves, if that makes sense.

You are trying to load a png file from your desktop. Check that the paths in the conditions files are relative to the location of the psyexp file.

so to clarify, I have everything in the same folder on my desktop (i.e., the psyexp file is with all the other study materials). Are you suggesting I update the paths so that it just would be
OiTNB_Instructions1.png?

Yes – you certainly shouldn’t be mentioning the absolute location in your experiment or spreadsheets.

Also, I tend to avoid syncing from the desktop in the first place - all my experiments are in folders within My Documents/Pavlovia.

perfect, thanks for your help! I’ll give that a try and let you know if it works.

just wanted to quickly circle back and say everything works now – thank you again for all your help!

1 Like