Can form component slider have more than 7 points?

PsychoPy version: PsychoPy 2020.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:

Hi there! I’m new to Psychopy and am having trouble with the slider in the form component of my experiment. I wanted to create a slider with 10 points on it ranging from 1-10 but when I run the experiment and view the form, some of the values on the slider overlap. It is ok (no overlapping values) when there are 7 points on the slider but any more than 7 and the values start overlapping.

I’m wondering if there is any way to put more points on the slider or is 7 the maximum amount of points you can put on a slider? Apologies for such a simple question!!

Thank you!

Yol

The Form component is still in Beta, so this is one of the rough edges we need to smooth out. I believe if you make the form wider then it will allow more space for each response, you can also set what proportion of available space the slider takes by making a column for responseWidth in your excel sheet.

Hello, thanks so much for your response! I definitely should have mentioned initially but I had tried increasing the responseWidth to no avail.

Not to worry, I can work with what I have.

Thanks again, it is really appreciated!!