Camera appending video files

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10 Education
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2023.2.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: yes
What are you trying to achieve?: I have a loop with four different lessons that participants will watch. After each video, they will have a maximum of two minutes to summarize what they learned, recorded using the cam component.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I used the builder to add the cam component, and it works in so much as it records the videos. But with each successive video, it appends the previous videos, resulting in quite large files. The final file has all four clips in it, which ultimately I can use and clip them apart myself. But my main concern is that as the file gets larger, it adds more and more lag between routines, leading participants (and sometimes myself) to think something broke because it will get stuck for over a minute after pressing to continue.

What did you try to make it work?:
With my good friend ChatGPT, I attempted to add some code to name the files based on trial information, which did work to add trial names to the files, but it did no stop them from appending the videos. This is the code I used:

# --- Ending Routine "response" ---
        for thisComponent in responseComponents:
            if hasattr(thisComponent, "setAutoDraw"):
                thisComponent.setAutoDraw(False)
        thisExp.addData('response.stopped', globalClock.getTime())
        # Make sure camResponse has stopped recording
        if camResponse.status == STARTED:
            camResponse.close()
        # Save camResponse recording
        camResponseFilename = os.path.join(
            camResponseRecFolder, 
            'recording_camResponse_trial_%d_trigger_%s_%s.mp4' % (frameN + 1, trigger, data.utils.getDateStr())
        )
        camResponse.save(camResponseFilename, encoderLib='ffpyplayer')
        thisExp.currentLoop.addData('camRespon  se.clip', camResponseFilename)

I also modified the camResponse.close(), it was originally camResponse.stop(). This change does not appear to have made any difference though.