Beginner needs a (hopefully) quick bit of advice

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear you are experiancing this frustrating situation. With regards to the issue of loops, please can I check, do you have access to other devices where psychopy is installed? Is this something you encounter across other devices? As I mentioned, this is an issue that we are aware of but that has been difficult to pin down because of the rarity (I have encountered it twice across ~10 workshops, each with ~20-40 participants). The development team are aware of this issue and will try to fix it as soon as we have enough information to replicate it.

With regards to getting online, it is normal to encounter some errors (PsychoJS is young code - but getting better now we have a proffesional development team!). Usually errors can be fixed pretty quickly so long as one is familiar with the core resources. Since you mention that you are a beginner, and that you will be offering student support, let me share some of resources that might help there:

1. The documentation Creating online studies from Builder — PsychoPy v2020.2
  2. Our Youtube Series, particularly this episode where we push a task online Tutorial 2: Intro to Pavlovia and how to push your Posner task online from PsychoPy - YouTube
  3. The crib sheet for implementing fixes with code translation errors (will mostly only apply if you are using code snippets, but there are many helpful points here nonetheless) PsychoPy Python to Javascript crib sheet
  4. The workshop materials that are entirely open and more in depth Building better experiments with — Workshops for PsychoPy 2020 2020

If you are experiancing a specific error when getting online, we recommend starting a new thread with the title of the error as the topic (or if a thread already exists with that topic comment on it to follow up).

Hopefully this information is helpful in providing support for getting online!

Becca

1 Like