Another file running repository, index.lock error online

URL of experiment: experimentvera [PsychoPy]

Description of the problem:

Although I have not made any changes to the experiment, when I run it online on Pavlovia, what previously was working, now shows the error message below. I do not know how to remove an index.lock file in GitLab, nor do I know how to create forks or clones and those things. It is unclear for me how I can make changes to the repository on GitLab. I have tried every forum and every online answer, but I cannot figure it out. I am not familiar with coding.

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when terminating the experiment
  • when flushing participant’s logs for experiment: vkonst/maaknieuwproject
  • when uploading participant’s log for experiment: vkonst/maaknieuwproject
  • unable to push logs file: 252438_experimentvera_2023-04-19_22h03.12.636.log to GitLab repository: Cmd(‘git’) failed due to: exit code(128) cmdline: git add /var/www/pavlovia.org/run/vkonst/maaknieuwproject/data//252438_experimentvera_2023-04-19_22h03.12.636.log.gz stderr: ‘fatal: Unable to create ‘/data/run/vkonst/maaknieuwproject/.git/index.lock’: File exists. Another git process seems to be running in this repository, e.g. an editor opened by ‘git commit’. Please make sure all processes are terminated then try again. If it still fails, a git process may have crashed in this repository earlier: remove the file manually to continue.’

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer.