Animation/ How to make stimuli move

PsychoPy version: v2022.2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) i donno what this means… lol
What are you trying to achieve?:
I’m trying to create a moving object in my experiment. The movement has to be left and right - without refreshing.

What did you try to make it work?:
I created a gif on photoshop of the movement, not sure how to add it onto psychopy builder. I have also created png images - perhaps it’s possible to add motion to them rather than the gif option? What would you advise?

Goal?:
The goal is to have a fixed probe that flashes red and blue, on top of this probe - there must be a moving frame (for my case it’s a cloud of white dots). I am trying to measure if the particpant views the flashing probes as shifting their position when the moving frame (cloud of dots) is in motion. From there, they select through the mouse feature - the positional shift - word left, center, or right.

Here’s is a Canva version of what I’m hoping to achieve - not sure its animation will show, but basically, the blue and red dots flash, and the cloud of dots is moving quickly from left to right, then right to left, and so on.
|903px;x508px;

You can access the time since a routine started using the variable t, so to move things around over time you can set it’s position each frame as being some transformation of t, for example to move left you might do (-t/10, 0)