Adapting drag and drop demo code for position

Lucy

4m

OS Mac Catalina 10.15.6
PsychoPy version 2020.2.3
**Standard Standalone? Yes
What are you trying to achieve?:

I am looking to adapt the ‘drag and drop’ demo code (from the demos in builder) but in a way that enables the participant to drag the stimuli to any position along the x axis. They must drag the stimulus over the cue stimulus ( a coin) that appears at multiple locations across the x axis.

The demo requires participant to drop and drag black and white pieces to re-create a black and white pattern by looking at the master grid.

Could I adapt this by making a very large grid that spans the entire width of the screen?
Is it possible to set this up without a grid? especially because my responses require the participant to drag the stimulus to the correct position only (and not create a particular pattern as show in the demo).

What did you try to make it work?:

I started to adapt the drag and drop demo code but in every place where ‘piece’ is used to indicate the stimuli that is drag and dropped- I changed it to my drag and drop stimulus (an image of a net).

Begin experiment
def createNet(net, pos, name): return visual.ImageStim(win, image=net.image, name=name, size=net.size, pos=pos)
def drawPicked(picked):
for each in picked: each.draw()
def movePicked(picked, mouse, grabbed):
if grabbed is not None and mouse.isPressedIn(grabbed): grabbed.pos = mouse.getPos()
return grabbed else:
for net in picked: if mouse.isPressedIn(net) and grabbed is None:
``return net

Please see my attached file for the demo for more details of the code element.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
No error message but the experiment will not run. However it does run when I remove the code element and run a version that returns the final mouse position with no drag and drop capability

Files
Net3 showCoin.psyexp (19.1 KB) coinConditions.xlsx (8.8 KB)

Hi Lucy,

You mean something along the lines of what is implemented in the attached experiment?

Jan

drag_along_xaxis.psyexp (10.7 KB)

cb1

Yes, thank you that is what I would be looking to do. I’ll let you know how I get on with it :slight_smile:

Its up and running now, thanks again!