Voice Key Response

Hi there,

I am trying to build an experiment having a voice key response. I followed the steps from the word_naming demo, but PsychoPy gave me an error message as below:

pyo version 0.9.0 (uses single precision)
portaudio error in Pa_OpenStream: Invalid device
Portaudio error: Invalid deviceportaudio error in Pa_CloseStream (pa_deinit): PortAudio not initialized
portaudio error in Pa_Terminate (pa_deinit): PortAudio not initialized

Server not booted.
Portmidi closed.
The Server must be booted!
8.6280 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1024 768], but screen is actually [1920, 1080]. Using actual size
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “D:\Academic\Kyushu University\Research Student\Experiment Design\abcdef_lastrun.py”, line 353, in
mic_1 = microphone.AdvAudioCapture(name=‘mic_1’, saveDir=wavDirName, stereo=True)
File “D:\App\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\microphone.py”, line 381, in init
buffering=buffering, chnl=chnl, stereo=stereo)
File “D:\App\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\microphone.py”, line 172, in init
raise AttributeError(‘pyo server not booted’)
AttributeError: pyo server not booted

I am using PsychoPy3. Does anyone know what happened? I read here and there and people said it may be because of how PsychoPy does not support the device. I am using Win10 FYI.

I appreciate all of your help!

We had a recent report that the issue is caused when the pyo library doesn’t have a valid sound driver to work with. This can be fixed by adding ‘directsound’ as audio driver.

Maybe you could try the same solution

Hello
I am programing a study, in which participants are shown words, and they have to read it loudly.
Please see the screenshots.

How I can use the voice response so that I can remove the pressing spacebar option? indeed, when participants read the words, then they go to the next trial without pressing nay key.

I would appreciate it if you could kindly help me with that.
Thanks,
Hamid