Variable letter height not working online

PsychoPy v2024.1.4

I am finishing building a number comparison task, but wanted to include an attention check partway through. Due to the different length of text in the numbers vs attention check, the number font size was too large to be used for the attention check. I decided to add a column into my .csv labeled “left_size” and set it to one value (0.2) for the numbers, and another value (0.1) for the attention check. In builder, I changed the letter height to left_size, and set every repeat. This works fine locally, but when I try to run it online, I get an error that setLetterHeight is not a function.

I believe this issue did not come up in the earlier version of PsychoPy I was using last week (had to update for survey compatibility).

When I change the letter height back to the fixed value (0.2) it shows fine, but I would like the letter height to be able to change.

Thank you for any help!

Okay, based on my memory that this issue did not occur prior to my updating PsychoPy a few days ago, I looked at the JS outputs for the current version vs a pre-update version. I noticed that the function ‘setLetterHeight’ was just called ‘setHeight’ in the previous version.

I edited my current JS file to delete ‘Letter’ from the function (making it just ‘setHeight(left_size)’), and it worked! Yay! Looks like it may be an issue in how the function is named from builder in the new version.