Using External Applications While Running Psychopy

PsychoPy version: v2022.2.4
Standard Standalone?: Yes

I am trying to create an experiment in which participants perform a simplified flight task (i.e., an external application) while recording their eye movement (i.e., using Tobii Pro Nano). For this experiment, I want to run Psychopy script to start recording participant’s eye movement. Then I want to close Psychopy window so I can open another application (i.e., an .exe file) while the Psychopy is running.

In order to do this, I created and inserted a routine in the flow. In this routine, I added an Eyetracking component (i.e., Eyetracker Record) which records for 25 minutes. After that, in the same routine, I included a custom component (i.e., Code) and included a code under ‘Begin Routine’ so it minimizes the Psychopy window while Psychopy is running. Below is the code.

win = visual.Window()
win.winHandle.minimize()
win.fullscr = False

When I run this experiment, I was able to start recording and minimize the Psychopy Window. However, it does not let me open other applications (ex. .exe file and Google) while Psychopy is running. I can move the mouse around, but I cannot open any applications by clicking the icons. I was wondering if there is any way to open another application while running Psychopy.