Unhandled error when trying to run online on pavlovia

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem: I made a test ‘experiment’ in the builder gui (just opening a screen with a text, the presentation of which can be ended with a spacebar press), to learn how to run psychopy experiments online. I am not exactly a stranger to psychopy, but have not ran one on the laptop I used, and I have also never used pavlovia.

The ‘experiment’ worked fine on the machine. Then I exported to html (see printscreen). I also clicked on the globe+i icon, and then it seemed to have synched fine (see printscreen). I also included a printscreen of my experiment settings. When I pressend the globe+synch icon, it gave me the following error message of an unhandled internal error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1232, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 497, in syncProject
syncFrame = parent.app.runner.stdOut
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘stdOut’

What I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Marije

Hi, Marije. Have you solved the problem? I got the same error …

Hi, I am also getting this error using psychopy 2020.2.2.

I tried deleting the .git folder (locally) as suggested in another thread, and still get the error.

I also tried just pulling the old working version of my experiment from gitlab, and then pushing that version to gitlab without making any changes, and I first get notified that the experiment does not belong to an existing project, and after creating a new project, I get the same two errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1232, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 497, in syncProject
syncFrame = parent.app.runner.stdOut
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘stdOut’

I’m fairly new to psychopy, so I’m not sure where to look to see what these errors may be referring to. Compiling Builder to code, there are less than 1232 lines, so I’m guessing this is a longer script that gets passed once you attempt to sync?

This project was working fine last night (changes pushed successfully to original project). This morning I made minor change in a JS code component, and that’s when I first got this error. Now using the version of experiment version prior to getting the error w/o that JS code change (pulled from gitlab), this error persists.

The “new” experiment is visible on gitlab but the repository is completely empty.

Any ideas from developers? I’m at a loss

UPDATE: After compiling the script from builder to see if I could figure out what was happening on the lines mentioned (and made no changes), I tried pushing it again just for kicks AND IT WORKED! Not sure what the original problem was, but this was a very quick solution