Unable to repeat sound upon button press on pavlovia, but works locally in PsychoPy

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/anc211/6_spelling_test/html

Description of the problem:
In this experiment, participants are trained to spell English words with ancient runes. After the training, they listen to a word and type in the numbers corresponding to the runes with which the word is spelled. They type in numbers separated with spaces, then press Enter to move onto the next trial, but I also want them to be able to replay the word as many times as they want by pressing a key on the keyboard (right now it is set to ‘r’ (repeat)). I had to add the code in the Builder to define beginning of routine, each frame, and end of routine. Everything works as intended locally, when I run the task in PsychoPy. However when I try running it from pavlovia, the part when participants press ‘r’ to replay the sound doesn’t work - nothing happens when ‘r’ is pressed.

The java code that I added (modified from one of the typing tasks publicly available on pavlovia):

Begin routine*:

Each Frame*:

End routine*:

Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Hi @anc211,
I am encountering similar issue in my spelling experiment. Was wondering if you have any follow-up on this. Thank you!

1 Like