The keyboard does not work in SEEG experiment

Coder Interface
Psychopy version: 2021.1.4-win64 system
Windows system: win10

Hello,everyone, I’m going to collect SEEG data using a 256-Intracranial EEG system (Nihon Kohden system). And my experimental tasks was already designed in PsychoPy coder interface. The exchange of information between the Intracranial EEG system and Psychopy is via a 25-pin parallel port cable.

My problem is that when I am running my experimental tasks on my desktop computer, It feels like the keyboard is stuck and I’m not getting any response from the keys, but in other cases, such as when I am typing on my computer, the keyboard works very well.

Moreover, my experimental program was running well on other desktop computers, so I was very distressed and confused as to what was wrong.

I would be grateful if you could give me some advice or ideas ,thanks very much!
Best wishes to all.

Hi There,

Are there any differences between the lab computer (where the task feels to be getting “stuck”) and the other computers where the task feels to work? e.g. operating system, psychopy version etc?

Also if you made a simple dummy experiment in PsychoPy builder using the keyboard and a parallel port component does that work smoothly?

Thanks,
Becca

1 Like

Hello,Becca

The operating system of the lab computer is windows 10, the operating system of the other computer is windows 7, and the version of psychopy used on both computers is the same.

For this question, "Also if you made a simple dummy experiment in PsychoPy builder using the keyboard and a parallel port component does that work smoothly?"I haven’t tried it, I’ll give it a try and see how it turns out.

Anyway, thanks for your valuable advice and ideas.

Best wishes to you,
Melody