SPR Moving Window: Display multi-word region on click but still keep spaces between individual words

That looks like you’re using incremental phrase instead of moving window. My demo gives you options at the start - did you remove them without making sure it is set to the one you want?

Hello :slight_smile: I edited experiment settings and switched to moving window!!! I finally run your demo - Thank you ! - but some words appear together - even with uninformative mask. :scream: :sob:

I guess it is because space in between dashes are missing…?

Try removing and replacing the space between the and riverbank in your spreadsheet. If, for example, you have   then it won’t be recognised by the code as a space. This can be useful if there are ever words you want to appear simultaneously.

I removed and replaced the sentences but it’s not yet fixed… :sob: :cry:

I have 5 sentences for trial;

1. Tim worked hard to improve his act.
  2. They violated the Clean Air Act.
  3. The band is playing love songs.
  4. She ties her hair with a band.
  5. She sat on the riverbank.

Sentences 1 and 2 works perfectly fine but sentences 3,4,5 aren’t…

Please could you upload your sentence spreadsheet?

Demo3_3.xlsx (9.8 KB)

Here is my sentence spreadsheet! I named mine with demo3_ to avoid errors.

Try this version
Demo3_3.xlsx (9.3 KB)

When pasting into Word I could see some spaces that weren’t standard

WOW! Thank you ! :pray: :pray:
I had no idea spaces can be different. I will try to run with your version and let you know. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :star_struck:

I run with your demo file and it worked !!! YEAH!!! :handshake:
Thank you sooooo much ! :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray: :pray:
May I know how did you do it?
The five sentences are for my trial task and I guess I need to go over all of my sentences for an actual task, right?

I pasted the text into Programmer’s File Editor and then replaced the spaces with underscores, so I could see which weren’t being picked up. Then I manually changed them and replaced the underscores back to spaces. I could also have highlighted one of the odd spaces to work out what it was. Checking now, PFE shows is as \xa0

For the screenshot I pasted into Word and then pressed the icon that displays the formatting.

Wow… I can’t thank you enough… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Thank you so much for all your support! :blush: :blush:

When I put you on my reference list, this is the reference for your self-paced reading, right?

(Morys-Carter, W. L. & Alipour, Z. (2022, February 18). Self Paced Reading [Computer software]. Pavlovia. https://doi.org/10.17605/OSF.IO/S2FD6.)

Yes, thank you. That’s the correct reference though I notice that the DOI link is failing because the final full stop is being included in it.

Got it :blush: :blush:
I will remove the period mark (.) at the end.
It works fine without the period. :))
Thank you again for saving me ! :smiling_face: :pray: :pray: