Show again stimulus for feedback

PsychoPy version :

**What are you trying to achieve?

Hello. I am building a langage experiment where I show participants (children) movie files with sound and they have to respond with key resp (2 options left or right) which sound did they hear. The learning of the correspondance beetween sound and image is dependant of the feedback. For feedback :
if the answer is correct : I show them image of success feedback
if the answer is incorrect : I show them image of feedback indicating the right answer + showing again the stimulus.

What did you try to make it work?:

I added a code component to my feedback routine. (I tried different formulations but it is not working).

the last one I am trying is the following :

if key_respessai_scpt1_loop1.keys == 1:
img_feedback = ‘feedback_correct.png’

elif key_respessai_scpt1_loop1.corr == 0 and key_respessai_scpt1_loop1.keys == ‘right’:
vid_feedback = ‘Vid_abba.mp4’
img_feedback = ‘feedback_incorrect.png’

elif key_respessai_scpt1_loop1.corr == 0 and key_respessai_scpt1_loop1.keys == ‘left’:
vid_feedback = ‘Vid_aba.mp4’
img_feedback =‘feedback_incorrect.png’

I don’t know if my method is the right one or should I try something else.

Thank you for your time if you are reading me !

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Hello from the pygame community. Contribute - pygame wiki
3.3217 WARNING We strongly recommend you activate the PTB sound engine in PsychoPy prefs as the preferred audio engine. Its timing is vastly superior. Your prefs are currently set to use [‘sounddevice’, ‘PTB’, ‘pyo’, ‘pygame’] (in that order).
20.3995 WARNING User requested fullscreen with size [1024 768], but screen is actually [1366, 768]. Using actual size
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Lapsyde\Desktop\ExpĂ©rience TER M2\essais_lastrun.py”, line 272, in
depth=-1.0,
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 140, in init
self.loadMovie(self.filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 203, in loadMovie
raise IOError(“Movie file ‘%s’ was not found” % filename)
OSError: Movie file ‘’ was not found
Exception ignored in: <bound method MovieStim3.del of <psychopy.visual.movie3.MovieStim3 object at 0x0000025A397A7438>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 499, in del
self._unload()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\movie3.py”, line 476, in _unload
self.clearTextures()
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\visual\basevisual.py”, line 1141, in clearTextures
GL.glDeleteTextures(1, self._texID)
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x0000000000000000

Experiment ended.

Found a solution ! I had to split into 2 routines the feedback : one fore img_feedback and the other for vid_feedback.

1 Like