RuntimeError: Error starting ioHub server: ioHub startup failed. (exit code 1)

PsychoPy version : v2022.2.1

I’m just starting to use PsychoPy and am using Jason Ozubko’s videos (Getting Started with PsychoPy (Part 1) | PsychoPy Overview, Stimuli, Input | PsychoPy Help #1 - YouTube). When I try to run my first experiment (with only a “WelcomeScreen” that displays text for 7 seconds, I get a gray display that, after 30 seconds, crashes, returning an error code:

File “/Users/jaysweitzer-shalit/Documents/Documents - Jay’s Computer (3)/PsychoPy/Test1/Test1_lastrun.py”, line 92, in
ioServer = io.launchHubServer(window=win, **ioConfig)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/contrib/lazy_import.py”, line 118, in call
return obj(*args, **kwargs)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/iohub/client/connect.py”, line 256, in launchHubServer
return ioHubConnection(iohub_config)
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/iohub/client/init.py”, line 296, in init
raise RuntimeError(‘Error starting ioHub server: {}’.format(self.iohub_status))
RuntimeError: Error starting ioHub server: ioHub startup failed.
################ Experiment ended with exit code 1 [pid:31754] #################

I’ve tried looking online for the RuntimeError and reinstalling PsychoPy, but neither of these actions helps. I would love to be able to just run a simple program :).

ioHub is the default keyboard & mouse backend, if you go to :experiment_settings: Experiment Settings and change it to either psychtoolbox or pyglet then you can get around this error. I’ll look more into why iohub would fail to start though!