RT feedback for button response component

Hi there,

I would like to present a screen in my experiment which reminds participants to respond as quickly as possible, but this is only if participant response times are larger than a certain amount, i.e., if RT is longer than 1000 ms, only then would I want to display the screen reminding participants to respond quickly. For participant responses, my experiment has two on-screen buttons. Also, how can I make sure RT for button responses are recorded?

Please let me know if you have any other questions!!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

your last question,

is very basic. So you might want to take a look into “Peirce, J. W., Hirst, R. J. & MacAskill, M. R. (2022). Building Experiments in PsychoPy. 2nd Edn London: Sage.”

The first question requires a feedback routine. See the following example

First, a text-component is presented for 1500 ms and a reaction-component registering key press (space) for 1500 ms is used.

This followed by a feedback routine with a code-component and a text-component to display the feedback-message.

Initialize the variable that contains your feedback-text first in the Begin Experiment tab of the code-component:

Then check whether a key has been pressed and whether the rt was longer than 1 second.

Set the feedback message accordingly or do not show anything. Define the text-component to show your feedback message.

Adapt the example to your needs

Best wishes Jens