Reading data to nested loops in Builder

PsychoPy version: 3.2.4
Standard Standalone? y
What are you trying to achieve?:

In one of the subtasks of my experiment, I would like to present a sound stimulus pair in each trial. The specific sound should be chosen for each routine (“first_2AFC” and “second_2AFC”) in a loop around the routine (“first_word” and “second_word”) from a list read from an .xlsx file, and the type of the stimulus pair should be defined in an outer loop (“trialtypes_2AFC”) from a list read from an .xlsx file, which contains names for the .xlsx files for the inner loops.

The task looks like this:

What did you try to make it work?:

I gave an .xlsx file as conditions in the “trialtypes_2AFC” loop which contains the file names for the conditions for the inner loops. The files given in the “word1” and “word2” parameters of this .xlsx file should be read by “first_word” and “second_word”, respectively. The Builder reads the file with no problem into the “trialtypes_2AFC” loop, as parameters read from the .xlsx files are displayed in the properties box.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:

I tried to give the files defined in the outer loop as conditions in the inner loops. However, the Builder doesn’t seem to recognize these variables/parameters:

What I’ve noticed is that the font here doesn’t change to the “code font” after the “$” symbol. I wonder if it means anything…

Any suggestions are great help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Kriszti

Finally solved! Although in the properties window the warning message “No parameters set (conditionsFile not found)” is still displayed, the program actually works and is able to read the referred file in. (Probably it’s just a little bug in the Builder…)