psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Quit when trying to open experiment + won't sync

Hello,
I had this experiment running both on my locally and on Pavlovia a couple months ago. I just re-downloaded it to modify it to run with younger children and updated to the newest version of PsychoPy. The experiment currently won’t run locally, however when I download from my existing projects from Pavlovia, I cannot run those locally either although they seem to be working fine on Pavlovia. (url: Pavlovia). This is why I thought I’d give it a go and see if I can run it if I upload to Pavlovia.
At first, I got the attribute error below:
“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/_psychopyApp.py”, line 616, in MacOpenFile
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/_psychopyApp.py”, line 553, in newBuilderFrame
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 93, in init
AttributeError: ‘PsychoPyApp’ object has no attribute ‘dpi’”

After this PsychoPy would freeze but create the project with an empty repository. After a couple tries of this, it stopped opening alltogether and showed the error message below:
“Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 161, in submitChanges
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘project’”

I have also attached the new psyexp folder I made although the changes are pretty minor, but I have no idea why it won’t run. I’d appreciate any help on this!
SpatialMem101220.psyexp (94.2 KB)

Hi! Did you manage to solve this? I just updated my app to 2020.2 and it stopped working. The same situation happens where PsychoPy will create the project on Pavlovia with an empty repository. Thanks!

It was solved, I still don’t know why it creates an empty repository or quits, but I ended up asking someone else in my lab to try and uploaded the experiment files to a drive and they were able to sync it.
At first they got an error related to git, so they deleted the hidden git files (as suggested here Failing to push files to Pavlovia after removing an experiment from GitHub).
Then, when they pushed sync it seemed like it was frozen, but let it run for a while (ignored it overnight) and in the morning it said it was completed and the files were up in Pavlovia! My experiment still gets stuck on “initialising” so I have some more work to do!