PyNetstation EGI netstation inferface

Hi, I am trying to set up a TCP/IP connection using a stimulus presentation software known as processing (https://processing.org/).

I aim to use the TCP/IP port to send timestamps to NetStation to mark the start and end of experiment blocks. I have been able to make the connection, as the code in processing.org tells me the connection is active, but when I try to send a timestamp I get a clocksync message appear in the NetStation TCP/IP port log, but it does not print the timestamp or register an event in the ECI event tracks or event list.

I think the problem may be a formatting issue, where netstation is expecting the event input in a particular format, but I do not know what this format should be.

I have been trying to send the information in the same format as the pynetstation simple.py wrapper, e.g. I have tried sending 4-letter strings and numerical integer timestamps, but in a tab-delimited or comma-delimited format. However, I’m not sure whether this format is correct, or whether I need to send some other information to NetStation first?

Any help on understanding pynetstation or how psychopy interfaces with EGI netstation would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Kathryn

PsychoPy just bundles the third-party python-egi package. The source code for that is here:

e.g. the function for sending an event: