Psychtoolbox manylinux2010 wheels

Hi,

I am not very experienced in Ubuntu administration and I have been really struggling with getting psychopy (ver 3.2) installed on 18.4.

First I had tried it with Anaconda utilizing various hints on the net, but gave up after several days, because always some component was missing or apparently the wrong version, when I tried to run demos or own scripts.

Since I decided to use system python it seems I am almost there.
With a lot of help from Google and some trial and error I found I had to downgrade pyglet to 1.3.2 and wxpython to 4.02 for example, but I just can’t make psychtoolbox work.
I had tried many and probably stupid ways of installing psychtoolbox (like apt octave-psychtoolbox-3 and pip3 install psychtoolbox), which I think led to “module not found” or something in psychopy.

Now with one of the wheels mentioned above
(https://github.com/aforren1/ptb-wheels/releases/download/0.0.20/psychtoolbox-3.0.16-cp36-cp36m-manylinux2010_x86_64.whl) psychtoolbox seems at least to be recognized by psychopy, which was a great relief. However, all scripts requiring keyboard input are crashing with the error message
“PTB-CRITICAL: In call to PsychSetThreadPriority(): Failed to set new basePriority 2, tweakPriority 1, effective 1 [REALTIME] for thread (nil) provided!”.

Can anybody help with that?

Btw I had upgraded pip to the latest version following the above remark concerning HID but for obvious reasons cannot tell whether that helped.
Detlef