psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Psychopy EGI interaction not working

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to connect the computer that will run the Psychopy experiment with an EGI computer that runs Net Station Acquisition. Right now I am trying to connect both computer using a Ethernet cable (with a switch in between). The setup is the following:

I’ve installed the egi package using the following link: egi (pynetstation) — PsychoPy v2021.2

And I am currently trying the following tests:

But when I run this code I get the following error message:

(translated: Timeouterror: a connection attempt has failed because the connected party has not answered correcly after a certain time, or the connection mase failed because the connected host has not answered)

Does anybody have any experience with this? Do I need to change some settings on one or both computers with regard to ethernet connection before this can work? I think the psychopy computer (windows) finds the EGI computer, as can be seen in the following image, but I’m not sure about this:

Thanks in advance!

It should be noted that I am trying to run this with python 3. I’ve found the following post: Pynetstation (egi) with python 3

which said it does not work with python 3 yet. I’ve changed some lines of code in the files until I got no errors anymore regarding import errors and so on. I’ll try to install python 2 and see if this works.