Psi staircase log

System
I’m using Psychopy 2022.2.5 on Windows 11 to run an experiment built with the builder.

Problem
I’m trying to run a psi staircase using the psi handler with a logarithmic stepType. I had a demo version that used a linear space, which worked perfectly fine. However, when I moved to a logarithmic space, I received the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

Blockquote
File File “C:\Users\avninbar\Downloads\Psi (1).py”, line 114, in
stairsObli = data.PsiHandler(
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\data\staircase.py”, line 1244, in init
self.psi = PsiObject(
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\psychopy\contrib\psi.py”, line 33, in init
self.x = logspace(log10(x[0]), log10(x[1]), xPrecision, True)
File “<array_function internals>”, line 5, in logspace
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\function_base.py”, line 275, in logspace
y = linspace(start, stop, num=num, endpoint=endpoint, axis=axis)
File “<array_function internals>”, line 5, in linspace
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\function_base.py”, line 120, in linspace
num = operator.index(num)

It seems, based on the error message and my digging into the source code, that even though I specified the log stepType, PsychoPy is still using values from the linspace function (y = linspace(start, stop, num=num, endpoint=endpoint, axis=axis)).

What I’ve tried so far: One possible reason for the error, aside from an internal error, is how I initialized the psihandler values. Here’s how I initialized them in the code component - begin experiment:

Blockquoten
Trials = 10
intensRange = [0.01, 16]
alphaRange = [0.01, 16]
betaRange = [0.01, 16]
delta = 0.01
intensPrecision = 1
alphaPrecision, betaPrecision = 0.1, 0.1
stepType = ‘log’
prior= None
stairs = data.PsiHandler(
nTrials, intensRange, alphaRange, betaRange, delta,
intensPrecision, alphaPrecision, betaPrecision,
stepType=stepType, prior=prior,)

My question is: Has anyone encountered this sort of problem in the past, and if so, can you elaborate more on how you dealt with it?