Previous rating as starting value for current rating

Hi everybody!

I am new to PsychoPy and so far I have used the PsychoPy Builder for creating my experiment. I will describe my problem using the standard template:

PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): v2022.2.5

Standard Standalone? (y/n): yes

What are you trying to achieve?:
Participants are asked to rate a stimulus at the beginning of the experiment (slider t1). I used the slider component in the builder, and the stimulus rating works.
At the end of the experiment, I would like to show the participants their rating value from slider t1 as starting point on another slider (slider t2).

What did you try to make it work?:
As starting point for slide t2 I refer to starting value $slidert1.getRating ().

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The slider t2 does not show any starting value on the slider scale. I only have managed to display the rating value from slider t1 as text boxes above the slider component at t2.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thank you so much!
Isabel

Perhaps a silly suggestion, but have you tried checking what data type slidert1.getRating() is with the type() function? I just updated from a 2022 version to 2023.2.2 and it seems like in at least for ‘radio’ sliders, the sliders output strings whereas previously they output integers. Possibly this is causing some sort of confusion (maybe you need to convert it back to an integer before setting it as the start value?).

Also I think that the $ sign is redundant.